Baked Figs With Blue Cheese
Originally from: https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/baked-figs-blue-cheese-balsamic
- 6 ripe figs
- 125 gm roquefort or other very strong blue cheese (you need
it to be strong to offset the sweetness of the figs)
- 6 slices prosciutto or smoked streaky bacon
- balsamic vinegar
- Heat the oven to 200 C.
- Cut each fig vertically into four but leaving the base
- Slice the cheese such that you have four thinnish pieces
- Place the figs in a baking tray, insert the pieces of
cheese into each fig and then wrap a piece of prosciutto/bacon
around each fig.
- Drizzle the figs generously with balsamic vinegar.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve with soft bread that will soak up the juices.
Back to Meades Family Homepage