Note: the base requires cooling in a fridge for several hours,
- 100 gm digestive biscuits (can be gluten free)
- 50 gm salted butter
- 30 gm granulated sugar
- 2 bananas, sliced into ~5 mm thick slices
- 400 gm tin of caramelised condensed milk
- 200 ml double cream, whipped
- Crush the digestive biscuit very finely, preferably using a
- Melt the butter in a pan or in a bowl in a microwave.
- Stir in the crushed biscuits and sugar.
- Use the mixture to line the base of a dish approximately 15
cm by 30 cm and 5 cm deep, pressing down evenly.
- Chill in the fridge for several hours, preferably
- Layer the slices of banana close together on top.
- Pour the caramelised condensed milk on top, ensuring no
- Pour the whipped cream on top of the caramelised condensed
milk and spread it out carefully, without picking up the
caramel as you do so.
Back to Meades Family Homepage