Based on: https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/corn-chowder-with-a-homemade-chilli-cracker/
- 1 tbsp butter
- 100 gm diced pancetta
- 30 gm chorizo, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, trimmed and chopped
- 2 pints chicken stock
- 4 cobs of corn
- 2 medium or one large floury potato (e.g. Maris Piper),
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 60 ml double cream
- Melt the butter in a large pan.
- Add the diced pancetta, onion and celery; place a lid on
top and heat until soft.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Slice the corn kernels off the cobs by holding them
vertically and slicing down the side with a sharp knife.
- Leave the kernels to one side for the moment and add the
inners of the cobs and the potatoes to the pan.
- Simmer for 15 minutes until the potato is cooked.
- While this is happening, dry-fry the chorizo slices to
serve on the side.
- Lift out the cobs with a tongs and discard them.
- Add the corn kernels, salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and apply a hand blender to create a
- Reheat and stir in the cream.
Back to Meades Family Homepage