Note: basically a German burger.
Makes 6 burgers.
- 500 gm minced pork or beef or lamb
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 stale bread role or bread crust
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp German or English mustard
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- flour for dusting
- olive oil for frying
- Soak the stale bread in water for 10 minutes.
- While the bread is soaking, fry the onion until lightly
brown and then transfer it to a bowl.
- Squeeze the water out of the stale bread and add the bread
to the bowl.
- Add all of the other ingredients to the bowl.
- Mix all of the ingredients together well with your hands.
- Form the mixture into six Frikadeller on a floured surface.
- Fry the Frikadeller in olive oil, initially at a high heat
to brown both sides of the patties, then turn the heat down
and continue to cook for 10 minutes, turning half way.
- Serve in crusty bread rolls.
Back to Meades Family Homepage