- N x 5 small potatoes peeled or N x large potatoes peeled
and cut into pieces; you can use left-over boiled potatoes and
skip step 1 below
- 1 large onion or a large leek
- 6 rashers of smokey bacon, cut into small pieces
- 250 gm mushrooms
- N eggs
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, put the potatoes into the
boiling water and leave for 20 minutes.
- Run cold water into the pan to cool the potatoes, then
drain them and slice into 5 mm thick disks.
- Peel the onion or slice the leek in half to wash it and
chop the hairy end off.
- Finely chop the onion/leek.
- Fry the onion/leek in a large frying pan until it starts to
- Add the sliced bacon and continue frying for a few minutes,
adding more oil if necessary.
- Add the mushrooms and continue frying for a few minutes.
- Add the potatoes to the pan along with more oil to stop
them sticking and leave alone for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Turn the potatoes over and leave alone for a further 5 to
10 minutes: you want the potato to be browned; don't be afraid
to add more oil, this is not a healthy meal.
- Crack the egg(s) evenly over the pan and leave to cook for
a few minutes, until the white is done.
- Season well and serve.
Back to Meades Family Homepage