Ginger Biscuit Cake
Originally from: Rich
- 250 gm ginger biscuits
- 220 ml double cream
- Whip the double cream until stiffish but definitely not
hard e.g. ~60 seconds on high speed in a Kenwood Chef.
- Dollop some cream onto each ginger biscuit and assemble
concertina-style; probably best in a line, though in the above
it was doubled-up for space.
- Dribble rum over the lot so that the ginger biscuits absorb
- Leave for a while (e.g. an hour) and repeat the dribbling;
like watering plants, you need to revisit for maximum
- If you want the biscuits to be well soaked, refrigerate
overnight and repeat the dribbling again in the morning.
- With no rum residue on the plate, use a spatula to apply
the rest of the cream over the biscuits in a thin layer,
taking care not to remove too much soggy biscuit while doing
- Serve in very small slices; this is not for the feint
Back to Meades Family Homepage