Pear And Chocolate Upside-Down Cake
- 120 gm golden syrup
- 2 pears, peeled, quartered length-ways, core removed and
halved again length-ways
- 150 gm butter
- 150 gm caster sugar
- 40 gm cocoa powder
- 110 gm self-raising flour
- 3 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 180 C.
- Spread the golden syrup over the bottom of a flan dish.
- Place the pear slices radially in the flan dish.
- Mix all of the other ingredients together in a food
- Pour over the pears and spread evenly, without disturbing
your pear slices.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- While still warm, turn out, upside-down, onto a plate.
Back to Meades Family Homepage