Piedmont Roasted Peppers
Originally from: https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/occasions/the-kings-coronation/delias-summer-collection/piedmont-roasted-peppers;
though it started with Elizabeth David.
- 2 red bell peppers (not the long thin ones)
- 2-4 tsp basilic olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 4 anchovy fillets, drained and roughly chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C.
- Cut the peppers in half through the stems; remove the seeds
and pith but leave the stems attached.
- Lay the pepper halves in a lightly oiled oven-proof dish,
cut side up.
- Scatter the anchovies into the pepper halves.
- Scatter the garlic into the pepper halves.
- Spoon the oil carefully into the pepper halves and season
with black pepper (no salt is necessary because of the
- Put the roasting tin in the oven for 50 minutes, or until
the peppers are completely soft and browning at the edges.
Back to Meades Family Homepage