Requires marinading overnight.
- 12 large pork ribs
- 10 thumbs of ginger, roughly chopped
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 3 small red chillis, seeds in, roughly chopped
- 120 ml dark soy sauce
- 40 gm brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Chop the ginger, garlic and red chilli finely in a food
- In a bowl, mix the chopped stuff with the dark soy sauce,
brown sugar, oil and salt.
- Cut two long pieces of foil (long enough that
they can be folded over to meet in the middle) and place
them cross-wise in a large baking dish.
- Use a basting brush to cover each rib in the mixture,
transferring the ribs to the foil as you go.
- Pour the remainder of the marinade over the ribs.
- Fold the foil over the top and leave to marinade overnight
in the fridge.
- Pre-heat the oven to 120 C.
- Cook in the oven, still completely covered in the foil, for
- Remove from the oven and pour off the juices into a fat
separator, then re-cover and return to the oven for another 30
- Put the non-fatty juices into a pan and boil until reduced
- Pour the juices over the ribs when serving.
Back to Meades Family Homepage