Quick Cream Of Tomato Soup
Notes: requires a blender. If you like your soup tangy then
try adding a few teaspoons of balsamic vinegar at the end.
- 1 small onion or half a large onion, chopped
- 0.5 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes,
- 400 ml tin chopped tomatoes
- 150 ml stock or water
- 0.25 tsp oregano
- 1.5 tsp sugar
- 0.75 tsp salt
- 80 ml double cream
- butter or oil for sautéing
- Sauté the chopped onions in a saucepan until they are
translucent but not yet beginning to brown.
- Add the chopped sun-dried tomatoes and cook for a few
- Add the tin of tomatoes and the stock or water; bring to
- Stir in the oregano, sugar and salt.
- Stir in the cream and serve.
Back to Meades Family Homepage