Quick Mediterranean Vegetarian Tartlet
Originally from: Saffron Walden County High School (Alice's work)
Makes four tartlets, enough for four people as a component of
- 1 pack rolled shortcrust pastry
- ~150 gm pack fresh pesto
- 100 gm feta cheese, cut into ~1 cm cubes
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- grated parmesan
- fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Grease the tartlet tin (one of those ones with groups of
four tartlets, each around tartlet 10 cm in diameter).
- Unroll the pastry over the tin and push down into the
- Trim the pastry around the tartlets so that there is a
small (~5 mm) margin around each.
- Add a good dollop of the pesto to each tartlet and spread
it out; you want a layer of between 5 and 10 mm of the stuff
in the bottom.
- Arrange the cherry tomatoes, cut side uppermost, and the
feta cheese, on the tartlets.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan.
- Cook for ~20 minutes, until the pastry edges appear done.
- Remove the tartlets from the tin and allow them to cool.
- Sprinkle with basil leaves before serving.
Back to Meades Family Homepage