A mixer for a sweet Prosecco/Cava/etc.; do make sure it is a
sweet one or the resulting taste can be medicinal. Done
well this is a little like a fizzy daiquiri.
- 6 parts raspberry goo (see below); as a guide ~200 gm
raspberries makes ~100 ml or ~7 tbsp of goo
- 3 parts icing sugar
- 1 part Himbeer Geist (a German distilled raspberry liqueur
of vodka strength)
- Mush your raspberries up well, e.g. in a food processor or
with a blender or whatever.
- Push the raspberry goo through a tea strainer or other
small-holed sieve to leave the pips behind.
- Mix the icing sugar and Himbeer Geist with the raspberry
goo in the proportions given above.
- Put 2 tbsp of the mixture into a glass, top up with
Prosecco/Cava/whatever and then swizzle to mix; beware, there
will be a DELAYED effervescence.
Back to Meades Family Homepage